ONLINE ARTIST APPLICATION FOR “THE BIG TINY SHOW”
DEADLINE to apply: OCTOBER 6, 2023
Application fee: $30
Welcome to our online exhibit application! Please read this entire page carefully before submitting. This form is for non-represented artists only. If you are represented by The District Gallery, please do not use this form to submit. If you encounter any problems using this form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are so pleased to announce our small works exhibition.The Big Tiny Show is a national juried exhibition of small 2D works, opening Friday, November 10, 2023. The Big Tiny Show will include works from established and emerging artists, in a variety of subject matter, media, and expression. All artists aged 18+ at any stage of their career, living in any region of the United States, are encouraged to apply. First, second, and third place cash awards will be given, as well as one six-month gallery contract awarded by the gallery. Cash awards will be juried by Franklin artist Karen Philpott. To learn more about Karen, visit her website: https://www.karenphilpott.com
The focus of the Big Tiny Show is to celebrate the power of delightfully tiny original art. Each original work of art has a history and a story that we’re excited to share with our clients. It is our aim to make these tiny, but mighty, original works accessible to anyone and everyone.
· Submitted works must be no larger than 12″ x 12″ including the frame.
· All submitted works must be for sale.
· All works must be 2D (no free-standing sculptural work).
· Any subject matter welcome. Any 2D media welcome.
· Submit up to 4 works + $30 application fee. Fee is nonrefundable.
· Framed and unframed works accepted. All works must be suitably framed in a fine art gallery-quality wood or metal frame. Floater frames are accepted Outside measurements of framed art cannot exceed 12″ x 12″.
· Unframed canvases must have at least a 1 ½ “ thick gallery wrap with appropriately finished edges.
· Panels must be a minimum of 1 ½ “ deep with appropriately finished edges.
· Gallery contract award: One six-month contract of representation with The District Gallery will be awarded to an artist whose work is not currently represented by The District Gallery nor by any art gallery located within a 50 mile radius of Knoxville.
· Best of show: $1,000
· Second place award: $300
· Third place award: $200
SALES, SHIPPING, AND CONDITIONS
· All accepted works will be for sale through the gallery and will be subject to sales taxation.
· The gallery will take a 40% commission of all sold works by non-represented artists.
· If you are shipping, all works must be shipped at the owner’s expense. Works must be mailed to the gallery by the end of the art delivery dates. All works shipped to the gallery must be packaged in reusable containers and include a prepaid FedEx or UPS return label. Personal checks, cash, and credit card information will not be accepted to return unsold artwork. No exceptions.
ONLINE SUBMISSION BEGINS: SEPTEMBER 15
DEADLINE TO APPLY: OCTOBER 6
NOTIFICATION OF DECISION: ON OR BEFORE OCTOBER 16
DELIVERY OF ARTWORK: OCTOBER 18-25
OPENING RECEPTION: NOVEMBER 10, 5-8 P.M.
EXHIBIT DATES: NOVEMBER 10 – JANUARY 6
ARTWORK RETURN/PICK-UP: JANUARY 17-20
By submitting an application, you agree to the above terms.